Re: clustermatic nodelist file

From: Gengbin Zheng (gzheng_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 21:29:40 CST

Hi Rene,

  As a matter of fact, charmrun in Scyld/Clustermatic version did not
take any nodelist file, that is even if you specify one, it is silently
ignored.
Per popular request, I now implemented this feature for Scyld and
Clustermatic version, so that it can take a nodelist file.
I have implemented this in the latest charm in CVS, one could checkout
the lastest Charm from cvs:
http://charm.cs.uiuc.edu/download/

or wait until tomorrow (after 2am CST) to download the nightly tested
version of charm at:
http://charm.cs.uiuc.edu/autobuild/cur/
please download the source code, as we don't have pre-compiled binary
version for clustermatic version.

Once you checkout charm and compile it with:
./build charm++ net-linux clustermatic, or
./build charm++ net-linux scyld

 the new charmrun should have the feature of taking a nodelist file as
an option:

./charmrun ++nodelist ./nodelist ./namd2 config

Note that you MUST use ++nodelist option, otherwise, it will act same as
before by choosing compute nodes itself.

The nodelist file should contain compute node number like:

group main
host -1
host 0
host 5
host 8

NOTE that if the file system is not NFS mounted, you need to use "-1"
the master node as the first line of host. Otherwise, NAMD won't be able
to read config and data file if it is running on slave nodes.

Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any problem,

Gengbin