Re: segmentation violation!!

From: Robert Brunner (rbrunner_at_uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 11:05:00 CST

Hello Bora,

If your job always stops in _exactly_ the same place, its unlikely that
its a hardware or low-level communications problem. Usually those sorts
of things are triggered by background activity, so tend to not occur at
exactly the same point every time.

A 14K atom simulation should run on a 16 CPU system, it just won't run
very efficiently. Changing the number of processors might cause the
crash to disappear, but that would just be hiding the problem, not
fixing it.

I don't have an immediate solution for you, but Brian's advice about
trying ++debug and/or memory_paranoid sounds like a good start.

Robert