Re: Variation of results in iterations

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_uhp-nancy.fr)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 19:01:32 CST

Hi,

As far as I know, two runs using exactly the same simulation parameters and
starting point, run on the same machine, and without Langevin dynamics (or
specifying the seed for the pseudo-random generator), should behave exactly
the same way, because the machine itself is supposed to be deterministic.

If any of the above criteria is not met, the two simulations are likely to
differ very slightly after a few hundred steps, which is to say that they may
be wildly different after an average-sized run.

Does something in your experience go against this? If yes, I would be
interested to read more about it.

Jerome

--
Jérôme Hénin
Equipe de Dynamique des Assemblages Membranaires