output to multiple files

From: Leandro Martinez (leandromartinez98_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 12:06:52 CDT

  I'm performing a simulated annealing MD and I'm trying to write the output
to multiple dcd files, one for each temperature. I tried the following script:

temperature 898.15
for { set TEMP 898.15 } { $TEMP >= 298.15 } { set TEMP [ expr $TEMP - 1.0 ] } {
  outputname protein_out$TEMP
  rescaleTemp $TEMP
  run 50000
}

The temperature is being scaled just fine, the the first output name
protein_out898.15 is not changed so that the frames from each
temperature are output to a different dcd file.
It seems that namd ignores further outputnames once it finds one. It
is possible to
do what I want?
Thanks in advance,
Leandro.