Fatal Socket error: code 93523-Error in accept

From: Armen Nalian (nalianarmen_at_sfasu.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 15:05:17 CDT

Hello,

I am using two dual Xeons to run namd job, both computers running Redhat 9.
One of them is configured as a master node and running DHCP and has two
cards the private card is Intel gigabit card (installed with the driver from
intel website). The private card is configured 10.0.4.1. The compute node
has a gigabit card too and gets 10.0.4.20 ip I can ssh or rsh both ways from
both computers.

.nodelist contains

group main

               host 10.0.4.1 ++cpus 4
               host 10.0.4.20 ++cpus 4

When running ./charmrun +p4 ++debug-no-pause ./namd2 <config_file>
everything works fine.

When running ./charmrun +p5 ++debug-no-pause ./namd5 <config_file> I get
the following error on the compute node monitor:

Charm++: standalone mode (not using charmrun) Fatal Socket error: code
93523-Error in accept.

This problem been posted on this mailing list before
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l/0591.html

I was wondering if there was any solution?

Armen Nalian
Research Associate

*Email: nalianarmen_at_sfasu.edu
*Tel: (936) 468-6931