Fwd: vmd-l: MOE discussion

From: Mike McCallum (mmccallum_at_pacific.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 23:11:43 CDT

What got me looking at MOE was this:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/SumSchool/materials/sources/tutorials/
06-forcefield/forcefield-html/

Perhaps this is more the NAMD group than VMD group (I don't know how
connected you are over there). The thing that attracted me to MOE was
the apparent ability and ease to (at least help) configure new
parameters for the charmm FF (then onto better things like NAMD2).
This implicitly means small structures, as it is usually enough to use
some small fragment of a larger whole to get the charges, radii and
angles for charmm.

It is very slick, but as I have not explored it in great detail, I'm
not sure it's $2k per year slick.

Cross-posted to NAMD-L.

Cheers,

Mike