Re: What, if no temperatue control specified?

From: Juan Alfredo Freites (jfreites_at_ea.nacs.uci.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 11:54:16 CDT

Hi Brian,

I think that we should clarify that STOCHASTIC temperature coupling is
"bad", in the sense you've indicated, because it precludes energy
conservation. Let's not forget that one could run a simulation in the
canonical ensemble by using a Nose-Hoover-chain thermostat, or in the
isokinetic ensemble using a Gaussian isokinetic thermostat. These I
would call "good" temperature controls. Of course, these options are not
available (yet) in NAMD.

Alfredo.

--
J. Alfredo Freites