Getting forces: segmentation violation or illegal instruction

From: Justyna Jaroniec (jaroniec_at_duke.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 11:09:25 CST

Hi,

I tried to get total forces but during the computations I always was getting
messages on a screen:

Signal: segmentation violation
Suggestion: Try running with '++debug', or linking with '-memory paranoid'.
req_handle_abort called
Fatal error on PE 0> segmentation violation

 or

Signal: illegal instruction
Suggestion: Check for calls to uninitialized function pointers.
req_handle_abort called
Fatal error on PE 0> illegal instruction

and program stopped without any message in log file. I tried to restart, but
after some time I could see the same information.
Thank you for any tips,

Justyna