Re: dimer minimisation and psfgen problem

From: Uday Chippada (chippada_at_eden.rutgers.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 14:44:35 CST

Hi guys,
I have asked this same question before with no luck.
How do I apply forces on 3 atoms simultaneously, for eg. if i have 3
chains, and I want to pull all three chains at same time, how do i
specify the SMD atom?
I mean to ask is there a way I can figure out which SMD atom is which,
from thep output log file.
Thanx
Uday.

> "I maybe wrong but I don't think namd will take more than one psf
file."

> No, you are not wrong :). Namd will even blurt out an error message
specifying that you try to load two structure files.

> "In any case you can (and should) combine this file using psfgen.
Just
> make sure to assign the chains different segment IDs and things will
be
> fine..."
>
> That's what I want to have help about. I want to run a minimisation
on a dimer but I am unsure about how to achieve this...