Segmentation fault.

From: ivan.vinogradov_at_utoronto.ca
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 16:21:24 CST

Hello all,

I am trying out the Summer School tutorials on Linux PC
and having problems withrunning simulations on water sphere/box
1-2 and 1-3 stages.
The simulation continues fine until it needs to write a dcd or xsc file,
then NAMD exits with "segmentation fault".
If i disable the dcdfreq etc. in the conf file then the simulation finishes
successufuly.
Now, the exact way of running NAMD is not specified in the tutorial.
It only has a reference to some handout.
Also the linux binary installation instructions are not in the user
guide so tthere is room for my error there as well.

Is there a way to fix this.

Cheers, Ivan.