Re: CP3-NH3 error

From: Tim Isgro (timisgro_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 13:56:44 CST

Han,

Your protein has proline as the first residue in each segment. Because of
proline's funny cyclic geometry, you need to patch those N-termini with
the PROP patch in the topology file (psfgen: first PROP). Without the
patch, those first nitrogens are of type NH3, which yielded your original
problem. The attched psfgen script works.

Also, the script you sent me explicitly patched the N and C termini (first
NTER; last CTER). Note that psfgen does this automatically for the first
and last protein residues in a segment. Finally, you should also use
alias ILE CD1 CD.

Tim