Re: Amber on with H-bond

From: Fangqiang Zhu (fzhu_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 21:45:15 CST

Hi,

In some old Amber force fields, there's a 10-12 potential term (probably
designed
for explicit hydrogen bond energy) in addition to the normal 6-12
Lennard-Jones
potential. NAMD doesn't support such 10-12 potential, and will complain and
terminate if it finds a non-trivial 10-12 term in the parm file. However, for
some
reasons which I don't know, some new Amber parm files also contain one 10-12
parameter, but with a zero energy constant; in this case NAMD will simply
ignore that term and continue after giving a warning. That's the reason for
your
first warning.

The second warning (about H-H bonds) is most often caused by water
molecules, because in some water models there's a bond connecting the two
hydrogen atoms of a water molecule.

None of these two warnings should affect the correctness of the simulation.

Zhu, Fangqiang