Re: question on Berendsen's temperature coupling method

From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_mpi-bpc.mpg.de)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 02:54:03 CST

Hi
   I know that for instance in Amber a good value for the constant is
about 2-5ps for production runs (the coupling is weaker) while for
equilibration if you want tighter coupling one can use 0.5ps. So for
NAMD I use 1/ these values......but I am not completely sure about the
equivalence of tautp (amber) and 1/const (NAMD).
(you could also try to apply trial/error by using a range of constants
from 0.150 to 1.000 and then you will see what's the effect....the
bigger the constant the faster you will reach the desired temp.
Hope this helps,
Vlad

--
Vlad Cojocaru