Re: seed value in SMD

From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 17:46:59 CST

If you want to get the same exact answer, use the same seed and run the
same binary serially (both times). Running in parallel introduces some
varying numerical noise.

If you're looking for an independent run, then change the seed (or leave
it out and NAMD will pick one based on the current time).

-Jim