Re: namdplot

From: vivek sharma (vivek.sharma_at_helsinki.fi)
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 10:38:14 CST

Hello everybody,

Thanks for the help.
So this means a run (constant temperature/presuure options 'off' +
boundary conditions 'on')will give NVE ensemble simulation and a run
(constant pressure option 'off' + constant temperature option 'on' +
boundasry condition 'on') will give NVT ensemble simulations.

But out of curiosity I ask , if I keep boundary conditions 'off' or say do
not use them in the above mentioned two cases , then such ensembles will
be of type NE (N and E constant) and NT (N and T constant), respectively.
But theoretically, such ensemble does not exist. Statistical Mechanics
uses the concept of volume of system in picturising the ensemble (all
replicas of system are confined in some volumes), then is it right to run
such 'NE' / 'NT' type of simulation? Ofcourse then the system to be
simulated will lie in infinite vacuum.

Please reply, waiting for your suggestions.

Thanking you once again,

sincerely,

Vivek Sharma

Quoting nordgren_at_sas.upenn.edu: