RE: HEM residue in NAMD

From: Blake Charlebois (bdc_at_mie.utoronto.ca)
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 04:03:00 CST

Hello,

Have you aliased HEM to HEME (similar to aliasing HIS to HSD or HSE, which
is described in one of the tutorials)? I expect the command would be this:
alias residue HEM HEME

If you do a search on HEME in the CHARMM topology file (assuming you are
using the CHARMM force field) you will find the residue and atom naming
conventions for HEME. In UNIX you would do this:
type (at the command prompt) less top_all22_prot.inp
press the / key
type HEME
hit enter

Somewhere out there you may find a document similar to
http://www.bmrb.wisc.edu/ref_info/atom_nom.tbl with useful information about
HEME.

Good luck,
Blake