Periodic cell too small

From: Ekta Khurana (ekta_at_athanor.cmm.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 16:22:00 CDT

HI everyone,
       I am running constant surface tension simulation with a constant
normal pressure.If I use NAMD 2.5 I get the error

FATAL ERROR: Periodic cell has become too small for original patch grid!
Possible solutions are to restart from a recent checkpoint,
increase margin, or disable useFlexibleCell for liquid simulation.

     Sometimes I am able to fix the problem using the suggested
solutions BUT the same system runs fine with the earlier version of NAMD. The same
question has been asked on the list earlier also but there was no clear
answer.Can someone explain this error a little bit in detail.And also why
it appears only with the newer version.

Thankyou,
Ekta