,log and .out files with namd running on mac os x (panther)

From: Arieana Moore (studykid_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 14:37:19 CDT

Hi, I have been running namd on mac os x and noticed that when I try to
run the command namd2 file.conf > file.log or .out that the information
will recording the startup and the first few calculations in the file
put then it's like it stops running. When I do a ps -a to find the job
on my computer it doesn't show up, and the log file never collects
anymore data. I was just wondering what is causing this and what I can
do. Thanks.