RE: Lithium

From: Ahmet Bakan (abakan_at_ku.edu.tr)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 11:14:56 CDT

Hi Greg,

I guess that you do not have the following line in your NAMD config file.

paraTypeCharmm on

To make PSFGEN work, you need to give necessary topology file that
represents your system, defining bonded atoms, atom types etc.

On my site I have some manuals to develop topology and parameter files. It
will be easy to define a topology for a lithium atom since it does not make
any bonds.

Like this:
MASS 92 LI 6.49100 LI

RESI LIT 0.0 !Change the charge and atom
ATOM LI LI 0.0 !type the way you defined your parameters
PATCH FIRST NONE LAST NONE

You should have different residue numbers for each lithium atom. Then, you
will use PSFGEN with no problems.

I hope this helps you,
Ahmet

Ahmet Bakan