Re: hydrogen bonds in NAMD

From: Tim Isgro (timisgro_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 11:25:47 CST

Hi Ioana,

The hydrogen bond potential in the Charmm force field is, from what I
gather, viewed skeptically by many people, since there is no very good way
to benchmark the parameters and potential.

"USE HYDROGEN BONDS? NO" states that NAMD is not using the explicit
hydrogen bond potential (default), but the H-bonds themselves will be
covered in the VDW interaction.

To answer Min's original question, a simulation with nucleic acids should
be OK without the explicit H-bond potential.

Tim