Re: NAMD and Vega?

From: Alessandro Pedretti (alessandro.pedretti_at_unimi.it)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 06:33:52 CST

> Hi all,
>
> I have a question not directly concerning NAMD: Is here anybody using Vega
for
> analyzing NAMD-generated DCD trajectory files? When I try opening such
files in
> Vega it's either working fine or gives me the errors: "Input file not
found" and
> "Can't load the associated molecular file".

When you open the .DCD file, the structure file (.pdb, .crd, .msf or .iff)
must be placed in the same directory and it must have the same name
excluding the extension (e.g. mymolecule.dcd and mymolecule.pdb).
If the two files have got different names, you can open the the molecule
(e.g. mymolecule.pdb) as first step and thus the trajectory file (e.g.
mytrajectory.dcd) using the Calculate -> Analysis menu item and clicking the
open button in the File Name box.
For more information, see VEGA manual
(http://www.ddl.unimi.it/vega/manual/pages/gl_ana.htm)

Best regards

        Alessandro

--
Dr. Alessandro Pedretti
Ist. di Chimica Farmaceutica e Tossicologica