Re: Charm++ nodelist commands

From: Gengbin Zheng (gzheng_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 18:05:36 CST

Hi,

 Please find the NAMD binary compiled with Windows VC++ 6.0 at:
 http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~gzheng/NAMD_Win32-i686.zip

 Here is the correct nodelist file I used if to start NAMD from Cygwin:

group main
host 192.168.2.101 ++pathfix C:\cygwin\home\work /home/gzheng
host 192.168.2.100

 I just realized that the nodelist file I posted previously is when I used
the charmrun compiled from Cygwin-i686 with gcc.
 With VC++ compiled charmrun, the cygwin path is converted to Windows path
automatically, so you don't have to use ++pathfix.
 Please use "++verbose" in charmrun command line to see how the
path is passed to node programs.

 Remember to copy namd2.exe and tcl83.dll to the same path with the namd
config file and start NAMD like:

 ./charmrun.exe +p2 ./namd2 ./apoa1.namd ++verbose

Gengbin

> > > Here is a sample nodelist file when I start charmrun on Cygwin box.
> > > (192.168.2.100)
> > >
> > > group main
> > > host 192.168.2.102 ++pathfix /home/work/ /home/gzheng/
> > > host 192.168.2.100 ++pathfix /home/work/ C:\cygwin\home\work\
> >
> > So, here you launch NAMD from a computer where your files are in
> > "/home/work/..." on 2 nodes in the first the files are in
> > "/home/gzheng/..." and the second (Win) "c:\cygwin\home\work\". Am I
> > right?
> >

> Actually I was launching NAMD from the second computer in the nodelist
> under cygwin. The cygwin path is "/home/work/", however, as you can
> see I still need to map it to the corresponding Win path of
> "C:\cygwin\home\work\" even it is on the same machine.
>
> Also remember to deal with firewall if you have it enabled on Linux or
> Windows.
>

> > Another question: is it possible to set process priority (nice level)
> > for NAMD node programs?
> >

> No. It can be implemented but not for windows I guess.
>
> Gengbin
>
> > Best regards
> > --
> > ================= Gadi ORON, PhD -o- Proteologics ======================
> > ========== gadi/at/proteologics.com ========== +972 8 9475666 ==========
> > If you lose your temper at a newspaper columnist, he'll get rich,
> > or famous or both.

Gengbin Zheng
(217)244-5883 (o)
gzheng_at_uiuc.edu