Re: Bun in charmd?

From: Gengbin Zheng (gzheng_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 21 2003 - 14:11:56 CST

Hi,

 Again you discovered a bug! Not many people were interested in charm
daemon on non-windows system though. :-)
Specificaly there was a bug that preventing passing the whole argument
list into a node program.
Also I found lots of other bugs such as zombie processes, incompatible
directory names ('\' of windows v.s. '/' of unix)

 Current Charm++ does not support running a charm program across
different platforms, largely due to different type representation issues
such as different int size or little-endian big-endian issues. The
messages send from one to the other may be interpreted wrongly.
So I don't know if running NAMD on a mixed windows and linux cluster would
work.

As far as I know, long time ago, we do have a version that support
heterogeneous clusters. I don't know if someone in the group is interested
in revive this feature.

Gengbin