how to get the plot of selected bond over time?

From: yxiong_at_mail.ccnu.edu.cn
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 21:38:16 CST

Dear sir,
  I want to get a figure of "bond distance vs time" with VMD. In VMD tutorial,
this can be done by select the two atoms you want to calculate the distance for.
However I think the system(such as protein) is always very large, it is difficult
to find and click the atoms accurately and easily. Whether has someone convenient
way to realize it?
  Or, I think we can write a small script just like namdplot which can plot the
figure of energy, temperature and others vs time. Do someone have this kind of
script?
  I am looking forward to your reply!