Re: how to add counterions ?

From: yxiong_at_mail.ccnu.edu.cn
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 01:54:09 CST

Dear Fangqiang Zhu,
  Thank you for your reply!
  I am sorry I don't understand the sentence"you may simply place them randomly in
bulk water". Before I solvate the protein, I don't know the coordinates of water.
How should I put ion in bulk water? Maybe I should first solvate the protein, then
I can get the coordinate of water( for example: 1.0,1.0,1.0), so I add coordinate
(1.5,1.5,1.5) to ion in the pdb file of ion. Is my method right?