Re: zinc parameter?

From: Fangqiang Zhu (fzhu_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 18:24:08 CST

Hi,

Do the zinc ions have covalent bonds with the protein? If not, then things are very
simple, because there're only non-bond interactions involved, and the CHARMM
force field already provides all the parameters needed. However, if the zinc ions are

indeed involved in covalent bonds, you'll need more parameters and they're
not in the standard CHARMM force field (as far as I know). In that case it will be
complicated...

Zhu, Fangqiang