Re: about charmm topology file

From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 13:15:48 CST

Hi again,

I suspect the failure to guess coordinates is related to the atom name
misreads due to an odd pdb file format discussed in my previous message.
Psfgen needs to get seed coordinates from somewhere in order to apply the
IC record information to guess hydrogens, missing side chains, etc.

As far as I know, it shouldn't matter if the order of atoms in a pdb file
*used by psfgen* is different than the order in the topology file.

(However, the order of atoms in psf and pdb fed to NAMD or VMD must match
exactly since the atom names in the pdb files are ignored.)

-Jim