Preparing for St. Patty! (fwd)

From: beaverson sheena k (sbeavers@staff.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 08:22:38 CST

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Indy Swing Dance Club <indyswingdanceclub@hotmail.com>
To: indyswingdanceclub@hotmail.com

Hello Members and Friends.

This Sunday is our first monthly dance party since the kick-off! Cary
has managed to get his very LARGE class through the first module of the
"WCS Basic Fundamentals." These dedicated students are ready to have a
Sunday to just dance and apply what they've learned. Cary is ready for a
break from teaching for a Sunday and to take some time to dance and have
fun with everyone. As we all know, that is what he does best. He's Mr.
Hospitality and don't we all love him for that?

St. Patty's SWIN-diG
THIS Sunday the 19th is the date and we hope all of you will be there! Don
the "Beat Master" will provide the music for 4 hours of dancing from 2-6 pm.
  Wear green and get in for $1 off admission. Encourage your friends to
come to the dance party. If they haven't been to the club yet, use those
guest passes you received in your membership packets and bring a newcomer
for free to try the club out.

Swing Sale
Remember, if you would like to put clothes in the Swing Sale this Sunday, to
have them marked with your initials and the price. Jean Kingen is
coordinating this sale and you may phone her at 812-378-0089 if you have any
questions.

Shoe Sales
Dawn Haight will also be there this Sunday with a supply of dance shoes for
anyone interested in purchasing dance shoes. Many of you don't have any so
here's an opportunity to shop and Swing at the same time.

Swing! Swing! Swing!
For those of you interested in joining us for dinner at the Rathskeller and
seeing Kami Kingen perform in the show "Swing Swing Swing" on Friday, April
7th, contact Cary (cary2dance@hotmail.com) or phone him at 317-299-5209. He
will need to have a final headcount around March 27th. So you have about
another week to decide if you will be joining us or not. The cost for the
show will be $17 if there are 20 or more people. Cost of dinner will be on
your own. After the show, we will go to a room reserved above the theater
for some dancing. It will be a fun evening and our first official club
outing.

TV Coverage
Fox 59 has invited us to their studio to do a story on the Indy Swing Dance
Club! We are scheduled to be on their morning show on Thursday, March 23rd
so watch for us. I'm hoping we will have some TV or newspaper coverage at
the SWIN-diG this Sunday, but nothing has been confirmed yet as of today.

That is all I have to report for now.
I really look forward to seeing YOU this Sunday!
--Diana