Tango Workshops Week Two

From: joe grohens (joe@WOLFRAM.COM)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 06:01:23 CST

Dear dancers,

We just finished an exciting and enlightening weekend of Argentine Tango
workshops with Alberto and Valorie. There will be six more workshops this
coming Thursday-Sunday.

No partner is required for any of the workshops.

We are extending the advance enrollment discounts to anyone who pays in
advance before their workshop. For full class descriptions and a printable
registration form, see the web pages indicated below.

Also, Alberto will give an additional 1-hour basic workshop in Vals Cruzado
(Tango Waltz) for those who weren't able to attend last Sunday's workshop
in Vals, or who got lost with some of the material. We will hold this
during next Sunday's Practica at White Street (7-9pm). The
cost for Practica is $3, and there will be no additional charge for the
Vals workshop.

And two more things...

Come join Alberto, Valorie and the rest of us for dancing on Friday and
Saturday!

Tango/Salsa dance
Friday
11-11:30 Tango
11:30-1:30 Salsa
At The Regent
DJs Dario and Victor. Dress code! No jeans, sneakers, ball caps.

Milonga (Tango Dance Party)
At Phillips Recreation Center
Saturday 8-11pm
Corner of McCullough and Springfield

Joe Grohens

--------
ARGENTINE TANGO WORKSHOP SERIES
With Alberto Paz and Valorie Hart

Week Two, March 2 - 5
At White Street Arts Center
304 1/2 E. White Street
Champaign, Illinois
phone: 328-1008
web: www.prairienet.org/white-street/alberto.workshop.html
email: white-street@prairienet.org

Joe Grohens

******

March 2, 8:30-10:30 PM
[W7] TANGO BARRE with Valorie Hart
Technique fundamentals for women: balance, embellishments, stretching,
giros, music identification and interpretation, confidence enhancement,
body management.

March 3, 7:30-9:30 PM
[W8] TANGO CLUB STYLE
A workshop focusing on the rhythm of Tango and the ability to improvise on
a crowded dance floor.

March 4, 1:00-3:00 PM
[W9] INTRODUCTION TO TANGO SALON STYLE
An introduction to Argentine Tango Salon Style providing a base for
improvising and navigating the dance floor.

March 4, 3:30-5:30 PM
[W10] STATIONARY FIGURES
Techniques and concepts for proper execution of ganchos (hooks), barridas
(sweeps), boleos (leg flicks) and back sacadas (displacements) for both men
and women.

March 5, 1:00-3:00 PM
[W11] TANGO SALON FLOORCRAFT II-A
Using a variety of movements that involve left hand turns, techniques and
concepts of floor navigation will be presented with improvisation in mind
as the main goal.

March 5, 3:30-5:30 PM
[W12] TANGO SALON FLOORCRAFT II-B This workshop will expand on the work of
the preceding class.

Each workshop is $25 at the door. Take advantage of the lower rates for
advance enrollment.

Costs when paid in advance:

1 workshop $20
2 workshops $45
3 workshops $55
4 workshops $65
5 workshops $75
6 workshops $90

Tangazo 5-pack: Any 5 workshops plus one private lesson for $120. A private
lesson can be for an individual or a couple. Note -- time slots for
privates are scarce, so contact me quickly if you want one.

-joe