Re: Schedule for Argentine Tango workshops with Alberto and Valorie

From: joe grohens (joe@WOLFRAM.COM)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 18:17:43 CST

At 01:30 PM 2/23/00 -0600, susan roberta heatter wrote:
>Where is the White Street Arts Center? What do I wear for the tango barre?
>I take ballet, so I have dance attire if that's what ost people wear.
>Thanks!
>-Susan Heatter:)

Hi Susan,

I'm going to copy this to the list, since these are good questions that
other people might also have.

==
Attire

For Tango Barre, wear something comfortable such as loose-fitting slacks. A
skirt is fine. Tights aren't necessary, but would be OK. Leotard or
T-shirt. Flat shoes or shoes with a low heel. Ballet slippers or jazz shoes
are good.

You will be using the mirror and will want to be able to see your
alignment. When I've seen Valorie teach it, she wears a T-shirt and slacks
(I hope that's what they are called). Valorie will be here tonight and I'll
ask her if she has anything more to add.

For the other workshop classes, casual dress attire is recommended. Wear
hoes with a leather sole to allow turning. Women usually find that a dance
shoe with a heel helps, because there is a lot of backwards walking for the
women. But I notice that Valorie wears ballet slippers and jazz shoes to
dance tango, so that is not a rule.

==
Location

     White Street Arts Center
     304 1/2 East White St. (behind the brick house)
     Champaign, IL 61820
     (Between 3rd and 4th Streets and between Springfield & University
Avenues)

     Reserved parking is behind the studio, as well as on White Street.
     Enter on the East side.

          3rd 4th
           | |
           | |