St. Louis Lindy Workshop

From: Lisa Hoppe (ldhoppe@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 14:29:16 CST

Hello dancers,

Here is the final information regarding the St. Louis Lindy Workshop.
Aaron Young asked me to pass this on to DI and Swing Society. He said
they were half booked a week ago, so get your reservation in if you are
interested.

Lisa

>>Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 15:04:24 -0800 (PST)
>
>Intermediate Lindy Hop Workshop Including
>beginner-level instruction in Collegiate Shag and the
>Shim Sham.
>Dates: January 22-23, 2000
>Location: Midtown Arts Center
> 3207 Washington Ave.
> (1 block east of the Fox)
>Instructors: Joel Plys and Valerie Solstrom Joel and
>Valerie are full-time dance instructors in Cleveland,
>OH and operate Get Hep Swing, Ltd. They specialize in
> Lindy Hop and were finalists in the 1999 American
>Lindy Hop Championships.
>Registration
>Entire Workshop: $65 ($55 for members)
>Single Day: $35 ($30 for members)
>Mail checks (payable to Tal Stein) to the following
>address:
>Paul Jensen
>14836 Long Branch Ct.
>Chesterfield, MO 63017
>
>Please indicate whether you are a lead or follow. We
>will try to maintain a balance. Leads and follows
>will rotate during the class. Also indicate which
>single day session you will attend, if applicable.
>The deadline for registration is January 14, 2000.
>Students, registering after the deadline are subject
>to an additional $10 fee.
>
>Schedule
>
>Saturday, January 22nd
>9:30 - 10:45 Advanced Basics (Fine-tuning)
>11:00 - 12:15 Beg. Collegiate Shag
>12:15 - 1:30 Lunch Break
>1:30 - 2:45 Lindy II
>3:00 - 4:15 Shim Sham
>
>Sunday, January 23rd
>12:00 - 1:15 Slow Lindy / Blues (Breaks, dips,
>musicality)
>1:30 - 2:45 Beg/Int Collegiate Shag
>2:45 - 3:30 Snack Break
>3:30 - 4:45 Lindy III (Fast Lindy moves)
>5:00 - 6:15 Lindy IV (Advanced moves)
>
>Students must be reasonably proficient in swingout
>(from open/closed), circle, side-by-side and
>tandem/back/inline Lindy Charleston.
>Students are advised to eat lunch prior to the Sunday
>class and to bring a snack as there will be only a
>brief afternoon break.
>
>Dance descriptions:
>
>Collegiate Shag - Upper bodies remain calm and
>smooth while feet are going like mad. Good for medium
>to fast tempo music.
>Shim Sham - Swing line dance originated in
>the 1930's
>Blues (Slow Lindy) - Movements appropriate for slow <
>120 bpm) music
>
>Please contact Paul Jensen with any questions:
>E-mail: jensen_p77@hotmail.com
>Phone: (636) 530-7310
>

>If you would like a form e-mailed or faxed to you
>contact Beth
>Portrait_of_Beth@hotmail.com
>Or 314-525-3852

=====
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."