Re: a proposal to include ballroom dance movies

From: Rob Miller (rmmiller@UIUC.EDU)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 15:46:10 CDT

Dear Charles:

Your suggestion to buy dance movies for our video library is marvelous. Not to
take any credit away from you for your idea, but the officers have already
considered such a purchase.

The primary problem right now is storage space; our video library cabinet is
full to the brim. Secondly, many officers felt that this was a good idea, but
other expenditures had higher priority. Third, we don't currently have a video
librarian, and more videos would only exacerbate the problem we already have
distributing videos.

I promise that, as long as I'm president, we will continue to review this idea
and will implement it when conditions permit. As for right now, it doesn't look
feasible. What we intend to do in lieu of such a suggestion is to plan some
parties where we can get together and view some of these movies.

Thanks for your input Charles. If you or anyone else on the list has/have any
additional comments about this idea (or any other way to spend club funds),
please reply. Feel free to discuss such ideas openly on the discussion list or
come to the first half-hour of an officer's meeting.

--
Rob Miller

======================================= Department of Economics Ph.D. Student http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~rmmiller

Dancing Illini President http://www.uiuc.edu/ro/dancing/ =======================================