Fwd: Lindy workshop in St. Louis, 6/19-20 (Fwd)

From: Tanja Hodges (MadamTRH@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed May 19 1999 - 17:15:03 CDT

Hello All,
      Just passing on the word. It seemed a bit expensive but I'm told this
is a top flight instructor so you'll get what you pay for.

Have a good one,

tanja

attached mail follows:

Announcing "The Spirit of Lindy", a Lindy Hop workshop with Louise
Thwaite
and special guest, Frankie Manning: Sat & Sun, June 19-20, 1999; Casa
Loma
Ballroom; St. Louis, MO.

Louise Thwaite (London, England) is one of the best known Lindy Hoppers
in
the world. A popular instructor at just about every major Lindy event in
the
last five years, Louise is recognized as a great improvisational social
dancer. She has taught extensively across Europe and the U.S. and has
made
many theater, film and television appearances. She dances competitively
with
Simon Selmon, and in 1996 they were nominated for a Feater Award as best

swing dancers outside the U.S.

The Workshop: Louise will begin the workshop on Saturday, teaching the
basic
vocabulary of the Savoy Lindy, Charleston, and Blues dancing. Frankie
will
join us on Sunday and show you how to walk that walk, talk that talk,
and
dance that dance!!! No partner is required and all skill levels are
invited
to attend.

Price: $75 per person until June 1, 1999; $85 after June 1. No refunds
after
June 10, 1999. (Check or money order payable to Patricia Dresler.)

Private Lessons with Louise: Mon & Tue, June 21-22. Contact Patricia for

further details.

Place: Casa Loma Ballroom, 3354 Iowa, St. Louis, MO 63118. The Casa Loma
has
an outstanding large hardwood dance floor. Located in south St. Louis,
the
Casa Loma is easily accessible from major freeways. Off street parking
is
available.

On Sunday, we'll celebrate Frankie's 85th birthday St. Louis style!

Questions: for a registration brochure, please contact:

Patricia Dresler
4248 Maryland Ave
St. Louis, MO 63108-2906
phone/fax: 314.535.5515
Alphadance@AOL.com

Registration Form:

Name (as you wish it to appear on name tag)

___ Lead ___ Follow

Address

City

State

Zip

Home Phone Work Phone

Fax

E-mail

___ I am interested in private lesson with Louise Thwaite.

___ I am willing to house ____ dancers. ___ Male ___ Female ___
Either

___ I would like to stay in a home if available.

___ Volunteer: ___ before ___ during the workshop

IMPORTANT! Please read and sign! I acknowledge that Patricia Dresler and
the
Casa Loma Ballroom has informed me that there can be risks of injury
associated with all forms of Swing Dancing. I assume all such risks and
agree
that Patricia Dresler and the Casa Loma Ballroom will not be held
responsible
in any way for any injury I may suffer in or as a result of the classes
and/or dances a The Spirit of Lindy.

Signature and Date

Send your registration form along with payment (check or money order
only,
payable to Patricia Dresler) to:

Patricia Dresler
4248 Maryland Ave