Re: ANN: Competition Committee

Jehan Tsai (jtsai@DECWA.ECE.UIUC.EDU)
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 15:04:27 -0500

>Jay,
>
>Could you please make the entire proposal available on the DI Web Page?
>It is important for all details to be made public before the meeting.

The relevants parts of the proposal have previously been posted.
That is, the biggest issue at hand is that of entry level determination.

Again, in a way that I would like the final proposal to be written:

---------------------------
These rules only apply if a semifinal round is danced.

As M. Johnson wrote:

Level is defined by a combination of (new, beg, int, adv) and (standard, latin)

Simply...

If you win a level, you move up to the next level at the next comp
If you place at a level, you stay in the same level. This also applies
if you were dancing at a higher level.
If you dance at a higher level, and don't place, you may still move
back
down to your original level.

Change categories then from: Beginner A/B and Advanced A/B
to: Newcomer, Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced

------------------------

Other issues that were brought up in v1.0 of the proposal:

The # of dances is not dropping, and at best, Polka MIGHT be added.
American and International styles will continue to be mixed.
Team match is NOT going to be added.

Any remaining issues are purely administrative and will be handled as such.
(the pre-competition social dance, the post-competition social dance,
the addition of rookie/vet events, and the time of the jack and jill)

JT

J.T. Tsai Electromagnetics Laboratory | "I used to take
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering | one day at a time..
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign | then I was attacked
Office: 371D Everitt Lab Phone: (217) 333-0503 | by several..."
E-Mail: jtsai@decwa.ece.uiuc.edu |
WWW : http://www.cen.uiuc.edu/~jumping | -Anonymous