SOC: anyone want a ride? / Practice

Matthew P. Johnson (mpjohnso@ALUMNI.CALTECH.EDU)
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:17:26 -0800

> Hmmmm, do I smell hyperbole?
> Why just last week on this very list there appeared a post that read
> "we had about three dozen people at the practice" (at the Regent in the
> middle of a week).

Well, three dozen was a bit high, but I think it was between two and three.

> Heck, for years, _all_ of the DI Intermediate and advanced level
> classes were taught at the Regent; I took them all twice and I don't
> remember a shortage of (student) bodies.

I never knew that, and I think it's a great improvement to have them on
campus.

> Besides, this mailing list exists in large part to help our
> transportationally-challenged members find rides to the Regent.

I, and several other people with cars usually go to practice, and before
I had one, I didn't have much trouble finding peolpe who would give rides.

I'M NOT LISTED ON THE PHONE LIST AS HAVING A CAR, BUT I HAVE BOUGHT ONE,
AND AM WILLING TO GIVE RIDES.

All of the undergraduate dorms are on my route, as I usually stop by ISR.

If someone needs a ride tonight, call 239 - 0907.

Hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

Matthew

"Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased." Spider Robinson