Re: SOC: Nightclub two-step

Mark Balzer (m-balzer@STUDENTS.UIUC.EDU)
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 23:23:06 -0600

> But the facts are that the Regent is
> far from campus and few people are inclined to or have the means to
> travel 5-6 miles in the middle of a week.

Hmmmm, do I smell hyperbole?
Why just last week on this very list there appeared a post that read
"we had about three dozen people at the practice" (at the Regent in the
middle of a week).
Heck, for years, _all_ of the DI Intermediate and advanced level
classes were taught at the Regent; I took them all twice and I don't
remember a shortage of (student) bodies.
Besides, this mailing list exists in large part to help our
transportationally-challenged members find rides to the Regent. I'd hate
to think that we have a club in which the members won't help each other out
when asked to do so.

Happy dancing,

Mark