Re: Budget debate and related issues (short)

Jeremy B. Williams ((no email))
Fri, 4 Oct 1996 12:35:06 -0500

On Fri, 4 Oct 1996, jerry lynn schlabach wrote:

> However, it seems to me that Mark displayed reasonable judgement
> in this situation

I agree with you. Mark acted reasonably. He took quick, effective
action to head off a potential problem. I may question the _way_
he took that action, but I wasn't the man on the spot, and
hindsight is 20/20.

> (which was probably not anticipated when the constitution and bylaws
> were drafted).

I remember a meeting this summer where we were making amendments to
the constitution and bylaws. This very point was brought up,
discussed, and dismissed as frivolous. "It'll never happen,"
I believe was the prevailing opinion. And now, the opinion is,
"It'll never happen again."

> Let's get to the real problem here, which is that we all need to endeavor
> to separate personal issues from professional issues.

Any suggestions on how to do this? I tried.

> I'm not saying we
> don't need to deal with personality clashes, but I am saying that a
> public newsgroup is an injudicious choice for the adjudication of said
> clashes. I highly recommend that we take this discussion offline.

Sorry, I'm not indulging in a personality clash. I tried to make
my point without stepping on anyone's ego; maybe I could have done
better. The issue of how to handle this kind of problem in the
future needs to be addressed, and this, I believe is the appropriate
forum.

--J
"And rain will make the flowers. . ."