Foundations of TANGO course starts Thursday Oct 15 @ Phillips Center

From: Tango Society of Central Illinois (tango.society@GMAIL.COM)
Date: Tue Oct 13 2009 - 12:47:06 CDT

    We start another beginner Argentine Tango course this Thursday:

    Foundations of Tango
    Thursdays 8-9:30 PM
    Oct 15 - Nov 19 (6 wks)
    Cost: $50 / $40 university students
    @ Phillips Recreation Center
    505 W Stoughton, Urbana

    Come early on Thursday to register (payment by cash, check, or credit
    card). Or preferably, you can register in advance by calling
    (367-1544) or going to the Phillips Recreation Center during office
    hours (8 AM - 6 PM) Mon - Fri. Payment is by cash, check or credit
    card (phone registration is credit card only).

    If you live outside the Urbana-Champaign city limits, contact us
    regrading a limited number of scholarships we have to support the
    higher rate.

    Registering in advance helps us plan in case there is a gender
    imbalance, in which case we recruit some more advanced students to
    assist in the course and balance the gender ratio.

    At this time pre-registration indicates this course is gender-balanced.

    -----------------------

    Our tango students learn how to dance. Just ask anyone who has taken
    classes with us.

    This course will prepare you for our super-friendly milongas (tango
    social dances), which occur about 20 times per year.

    Tango Society instructors Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel teach
    Argentine Tango as it is danced in the tango dance salons of
    Argentina. This is the authentic Argentine Tango, an urban folk dance,
    characterized by creative improvisation using a small set of
    relatively simple movements, danced in a romantic close embrace. The
    music of tango is captivating, and very soothing and often mesmerizing
    to those who surrender to its rhythm and melodies.

    Ron & Susana have been teaching Argentine Tango since 2001, and travel
    annually to Buenos Aires to study with masters of the dance and
    experience tango social dancing in the culture which created it. It is
    this environment that the Tango Society of Central Illinois recreates
    in our tango social dances (milongas), which we host about 20 times
    per year. We offer instruction from beginner to advanced levels to
    enable dancers to gain competence in experiencing this unique dance
    which is like no other, and is known to be addictive for those who
    allow tango to enter their lives. If you are willing to take the risk
    of finding a pleasurable dance experience like no other, then you
    should join our classes and come to our milongas.

    As a social group, we range in age from 18 to 80, and are diverse in
    terms of ethnicity and country of origin. Our social activities are
    friendly and open. Beginners are warmly welcomed.

    Be prepared to discover a positive change in your life. Learn tango, a
    dance that will reward you like no other dance.

    We look forward to seeing you.

    Ron & Susana

    For a more complete perspective:
    http://www.centraltango.com