Tango Courses starting this week & next @ Phillips Center (revised program)

From: Tango Society of Central Illinois (tango.society@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2007 - 19:58:13 CDT

    Due to administrative error, our tango program for beginners has been
    revised:

    - Starting this week:

    (1) Tango Beginner Express
    Thursdays 8-10 PM (includes 10 min break)
    September 6 - October 4 (6 wks)
    $40
    - An accelerated beginner tango class (8 wks/12 hrs material in 5 wks/9
    hrs). Designed for people with prior couples dancing experience.

    - Starting after Labor Day:

    (2) Foundations of Tango
    Mondays 8:30 - 10 PM
    September 10 - October 1 (4 wks)
    $30

    - All classes at:
    Phillips Recreation Center
    505 W Stoughton, Urbana

    - If you would like to try a beginner lesson first and then join the Monday
    class:

    (3) Intro Tango Lesson & Dance
    Saturday September 8
    7:30-9 PM: Lesson 'Introduction to Tango & its Musicality'
    9 PM -12 AM: Tango Social Dancing
    Cost: $7

    - If you haven't checked out our tango community, please do. We host monthly
    dances, fall and spring festivals, and teach courses all year around. all at
    the Phillips Center. We are very friendly group and we always welcome new
    people.

    - Tango is a beautiful couples dance where connection between partners and
    to the music is foremost. We follow the Argentine custom of dancing tango in
    a close embrace, which makes tango a unique dance. Tango is an improvised
    dance, which means that there are few steps, but many possibilities to
    stringing them together into sequences.

    - Ron Weigel and Susana Vazquez Weigel are experienced tango dancers (9 yrs)
    and instructors (6 yrs). They have studied with many of the best Argentine
    instructors of social tango, and have made repeated trips to Argentina to
    study tango in the culture of its origin and they impart the Argentine way
    of dancing tango in their instruction.

    - Join us for a fun and interesting experience.

    - For more information, check our website:

    http://www.centraltango.com