Friday, Apr 28: "Truck Stop Honeymoon" @ Cowboy Monkey

From: jencart (jencart@MYCIDCO.COM)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2006 - 15:07:00 CDT

    Hi All,

    I got this e-mail today from Donna Eckberg, who sends info on fun music and dancing events around the mid-west... Check it out!

    Jenifer C.

    Jenifer,

     Check out this duo - "Truck Stop Honeymoon" - if you can. Mike West & Katie Euless. They are really fun. Evacuees from the 9th Ward in New Olreans. It's singer/songwriter type music with acoustic instrumentation. Guitar, banjo, mandolin. Laced with unusual humor. Mike dubbed his music as "levee-billy" but no longer lives near the levee in the 9th ward. Since there were no hills in New Orleans, that would be the highest spot. Bluegrass would be the closest thing. We fell in love with his music when I bought his Redneck Riviera CD after reading a review of it in OffBeat. Then we had to go out and see him at Margaritaville in the French Quarter. That became a regular stop for us when we visited. Since he's relocated to Lawrence, KS we'll be seeing more of him and Katie here in the Midwest. She's a hoot.

    Donna Eckberg