Fwd:Get into Argentine Tango.... or expand skills

From: jencart (jencart@MYCIDCO.COM)
Date: Sun Jan 15 2006 - 14:36:21 CST

    From Ron and Susana Weigel --
    The Tango Society of Central Illinois has a full calendar of tango activities starting up again this week at the Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W Stoughton, Urbana.

    To prepare for our monthly social dances (milongas) we have a number of instructional opportunities for beginners to get them ready for the social dance floor.

    Workshop: Introduction to Tango & its Musicality
    Instructors; Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
    Wed Jan 18 8:30-10 PM Cost $7

    Workshop: Introduction to Milonguero Style Tango (which is what we teach) Guest Instructor: Robert Hauk (Portland OR)
    Fri Jan 20: 7:30 - 9 PM, followed by practice 9-11 PM
    Cost: $15, $10 for students

    You can take both workshops for a great start to tango. The style is the same, but the emphasis will be slightly different.

    After taking the beginner lesson, follow up with

    Workshops with Robert Hauk
    Sat Jan 21
    (1) 1:30-2:45 PM: Check step turns
    (2) 3:00-4:15 PM: Walking in crossed feet
    (3) 8:00-9:30 PM: Dancing to rhythmic orchestras
         - followed by Milonga from 9:30 PM - 1:30 AM
    Cost: $20 per workshop ($10 students)
    Saturday Day Pass: $50 ($25 students)

    Weekly Course with Ron & Susana
    "Tango 1- Foundations of Tango"
    Wednesdays Jan 25 - Feb 15 8:30 - 10 PM (4 weeks)
    Cost: $30
    - No partner or experience required

    We have a great, active, friendly tango community, so join us for these great activities.

    See our website: www.centraltango.com

    Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
    Instructors and Organizers
    Tango Society of Central Illinois