Thanks to SO MANY for a great Contra on Sept 16th!!

From: jencart (jencart@MYCIDCO.COM)
Date: Sat Sep 24 2005 - 20:05:22 CDT

    Whoa!! This has to be some kind of record!!! We added 9 names to our e-mail list @ the September 16th dance!! We had one former dancer back for a visit after 10+ years, and 8 brand-new dancers, all in one evening!!

    And what an evening it was -- terrific music and calling, PLUS -- the main ingredient -- a wonderful group of dancers who turned it into a great dance!!

    Thanks to UCD dancers Sarah and Dan, for telling so many new friends about our contra dances!

    We welcome new dancers Bill and Diana, Pat, Karen, Peri, Nathan, Heather, Debbie, and visiting dancer, Pat. We're glad you all came, we hope you had fun, and we look forward to dancing w/ you again soon!

    BTW, check the SPECIAL DANCE flyer (it's the blue one) you picked up last week, or watch for e-mail announcements for the....

    ** ILLINOIS ALL-NIGHT DANCE on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1st!! **

    The dance is @ the Town Hall over in McLean, IL -- 1 hr's drive each way from CU, and worth every mile!!! Wonderful dancers from 5 states drive in for this event.... it's some of the best dancing around!!!

    $12 covers everything --

    5p Workshop on turning dances: waltz, polka, schottiche, etc. All levels, no partner or experience needed

    630 Potluck -- bring yr favorite food and snack contributions

    8p Contra dancing -- 2 great bands and guest caller -- until 2a

    2a Open mic for bands and callers until the last dancers crawl into their sleeping bags downstairs, or head off to their motels or tents (free camping on the McLean town square)

    9a Continental breakfast

    10a Clean up and farewell 'till next year

    Info: www.prairienet.org/contra/
    Or contact Laura @ 352-4653<oldtime2@yahoo.com>

    See you all dancing.....SOON!!

    Jenifer