Sat Aug 20: Milonga at Phillips Center with Intro Tango Lesson

From: Ron & Susana Weigel (TangoSociety@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 23:39:17 CDT

    This Saturday Aug 20 we are hosting a milonga at the Phillips Recreation
    Center (505 W Stoughton, Urbana) from 9:30 PM - 12:30 AM. Admission is $5.

    As has become typical in recent months, the first 2 hrs will be tango music
    from the Golden Age, and the last hour will be tango music recorded after the
    Golden Age (all of it with rhythms suitable for dancing tango).

    Prior to the milonga, beginning at 8 PM, we are giving a lesson entitled
    "Introduction to Tango & its Musicality". We will teach the foundations of the
    close embrace, milonguero style tango. This lesson is suitable for:
    - People who have never danced tango before
    - Those who have never danced close embrace before, or would like to improve
    their close embrace technique
    - Those who have not had a formal introduction to tango musicality, or who
    would like to improve their connection with the music

    The lesson costs $7 and includes admission to the subsequent milonga.

    There will be many U of I people returning to town next weekend for the Fall
    Semester, so come and dance with old friends and meet some new ones.

    See you on Saturday.

    Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
    Instructors / Organizers
    Tango Society of Central Illinois
    Home: Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W Stoughton, Urbana, IL 61801
    Mail: PO Box 1054, Urbana, IL 61803-1054

    Tango Society Website with Community Calendar:
    http://www.centraltango.com/

    Join CentralTango, the e-mail list for announcements of tango activities in
    the Midwest:
    http://groups.yahoo.yahoo.com/group/CentralTango/
    or send a blank message to:
    CentralTango-subscribe@yahoogroups.com