Tango Summer Session 2 at the Phillips Recreation Center

From: Ron & Susana Weigel (TangoSociety@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 21:19:56 CDT

    We are expanding our summer tango program at the Phillips Recreation Center
    to include a 2nd session of courses, each with a linked workshop. Here is what
    we are offering:

    (1) Workshop: Intensive Introduction to Tango
     Thurs June 30: 7:30-10 PM $10

    - This workshop covers the core material in our current Foundations of Tango
    course, thus preparing the newcomer (to close embrace tango) for the upcoming
    Advanced Beginner Tango course. It can also serve as a review for those who
    have already taken the Foundations of Tango course.

    (2) Advanced Beginner Tango (course)
     Wednesdays July 6-27 (4 weeks): 8:30-10 PM $24

    - This course follows up on our Foundations of Tango course, expanding
    knowledge of musicality and navigation in close embrace tango.

    (3) Pre-milonga Lesson: Essentials of Milonga in Close Embrace
     Sat July 9: 8-9:30 PM $7 (includes subsequent milonga)

    - This lesson reviews a core portion of the material in our current
    Foundations of Milonga course, which will serve as the building blocks upon which we
    will elaborate in the upcoming Intermediate Milonga course. It can also serve as
    a review for those who have already taken the Foundations of Milonga course.

    (4) Intermediate Milonga (course)
     Mondays July 11 - August 1 (4 weeks): 8:30-10 PM $24

    - This course follows up on our Foundations of Milonga course, focusing on
    navigation and improvisation dancing milonga in close embrace, using some
    interesting step combinations (that are part of core repertoire of milongueros in
    Buenos Aires), while connecting with the rhythmic structure of milonga.

    We look forward to seeing you in our upcoming workshops and courses.

    Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
    Instructors / Organizers
    Tango Society of Central Illinois
    Home: Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W Stoughton, Urbana, IL 61801
    Mail: PO Box 1054, Urbana, IL 61803-1054

    Tango Society Website with Community Calendar:
    http://www.centraltango.com/

    Join CentralTango, the e-mail list for announcements of tango activities in
    the Midwest:
    Send a blank message to:
    CentralTango-subscribe@yahoogroups.com