Fwd: Cool band alert - swing, waltz, two-step & more]

From: Sheena Beaverson Of Isgs (sbeavers@UIUC.EDU)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 10:57:38 CST

    (written by Rob Krumm of the Noisy Gators)

    Dear friends,

    I wanted to give you a heads-up about a great band coming to
    C-U. Along with a group of other Cajun & Zydeco music fans,
    I've been working to bring the Red Stick Ramblers to town.

    The Red Stick Ramblers will be performing on Thursday, March
    3 at Channing-Murray Foundation in Urbana. This all ages,
    smoke-free show is being sponsored by the C-U Smoke-Free
    Alliance. The evening will begin with a dance workshop (for
    Cajun two-step and waltz) from 7 to 8pm, with music by the
    Red Stick Ramblers from 8 to 11pm. Cover will be $10 for the
    dance and $5 for the workshop. The Red Stick Ramblers
    play a lively mix of Cajun, western swing and jazz. The band
    features twin fiddles, strong vocals, and a tight rhythm
    section. Fiddler Linzay Young provides lead vocals
    on many of the tunes and his vocal range and inflection are
    perfect for the arrangements. As an added note, the Ramblers
    have had some recent turnover in the band and the
    new players include Kevin Wimmer, one of the best fiddle
    players in the country (any genre) and the multi-talented
    Wilson Savoy on piano and accordion.

    More info. on the Red Stick Ramblers is on-line at
    http://www.redstickramblers.com/ and
    <http://www.lsue.edu/acadgate/music/redstick.htm>http://www.ls
    ue.edu/acadgate/music/redstick.htm

    As a fan of the music, I want to help publicize this show
    because the music will be excellent. This show should be of
    interest to music fans and dancers alike. The Ramblers
    play a variety of music that's perfect for swing, waltz,
    Cajun two-step and more.

    Thank you,

    Rob Krumm
    the Noisy Gators