NEW BEGINNER TANGO COURSE STARTS THURS SEPT 30 AT PHILLIPS CENTER

From: Ron & Susana Weigel (TangoSociety@aol.com)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 23:11:55 CDT

    NEW BEGINNER TANGO COURSE STARTS THURS SEPT 30 AT PHILLIPS CENTER

    'Introduction to Tango in Close Embrace'

    We are starting a new 4-week beginner level tango course this Thursday Sept
    30 from 8:30-10 PM at the Phillips Recreation Center (505 W Stoughton, Urbana).

    We teach the authentic rhythmic, close embrace 'milonguero style' tango that
    is the predominant form of tango danced in the tango clubs of Buenos Aires.
    Learn to have a good connection with your partner and the music, as well as how
    to navigate around the dance floor.

    This style is easy to learn. If you've tried tango before and have had
    difficulty and given up, now is the time to try again. Men especially learn to
    become good leaders in a shorter time in the close embrace style tango. Women learn
    to relax as they enjoy the close connection with their partners and the
    music.

    After 4 weeks, you will be ready to dance tango socially at our milongas
    (tango social dances).

    For those who have learned the open embrace 'salon style', there will be many
    things that are new that are unique to the milonguero style, particularly the
    musicality and steps that are characteristic of this style. Thus, for salon
    style dancers who want to learn milonguero style, this will be a good
    opportunity to do so.

    In any case, come join us for a fun course. We look forward to seeing you
    Thursday at the Phillips Center.

    Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
    Instructors / Organizers
    Tango Society of Central Illinois
    Home: Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W Stoughton, Urbana, IL 61801
    Mail: PO Box 1054, Urbana, IL 61803-1054

    Tango Society Website with Community Calendar:
    http://www.centraltango.com/

    Join CentralTango, the Tango Society News Group with Local + Midwest Regional
    coverage:
    Send a blank message to:
    CentralTango-subscribe@yahoogroups.com