Wed June 16: Tango Lesson at Phillips Center

From: Ron Weigel (RonWeigel@AOL.COM)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 10:16:20 CDT

    We are continuing our series of summer tango lessons with a class this Wed
    June 16 from 8:30-10 PM at the Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W Stoughton,
    Urbana.

    The topic is "Introduction to Turns to the Left"

    We will introduce the form and technique of several variations on the 3-count
    giro to the left with sacadas. This will include some discussion of the
    possibilities for improvisation.

    The cost of the lesson is $5.

    We look forward to seeing you this Wednesday.

    We will be taking a 3 week break after this lesson. We will be in Berlin
    studying and dancing tango. (Berlin has the world's largest tango community ouside
    of Buenos Aires.)

    Our next class after we return in on Wed July 7th.

    Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
    Instructors / Organizers
    Tango Society of Central Illinois
    Home: Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W Stoughton, Urbana, IL 61801
    Mail: PO Box 1054, Urbana, IL 61803-1054

    Tango Society Website with Community Calendar:
    WWW.CENTRALTANGO.COM

    Join CentralTango, the Tango Society News Group with Local + Midwest Regional
    coverage:
    Send a blank message to:
    CentralTango-subscribe@yahoogroups.com