Re: Chicago Stepping Class at YMCA

From: Erin Malone (emalone@uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 15:17:29 CDT

    >I thought some of you might be interested.
    >
    >--Erin Malone
    >
    >------------------------
    >
    >Chicago Steppin 101
    >
    >Like to dance? Stepping is a smooth nightclub dance that
    >began in the Chicago area. Now stepping is the latest dance
    >craze. Some people would call it a smooth, modified version
    >of Bopping or Swing with an elegant and sophisticated
    >look.
    >
    >Location: University YMCA on the corner of Wright and
    >Chalmers.
    >
    >COURSE FEE: $40 INSTRUCTOR: Diane Saulsberry ROOM: Wahl
    >
    >TIME: 2 - 3:30pm DAY: Sat. DATES: June 26 - July 31
    >
    >For information on registrations see the following website:
    >http://www.universityymca.org/Communiversity/dance.html
    >
    >Erin D. Malone
    >University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
    >Senior-Advertising, College of Communications
    >Teaching Assistant-Leisure Studies 199
    >TEAM, Outreach Chair
    >Dancing Illini Publicity Chair
    >(217) 255-5408
    >emalone@uiuc.edu

    >The most powerful weapon in the hands of an oppressor is the
    mind of the oppressed.
    >--Stephen Biko
    >There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at
    the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is
    suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as
    his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good,
    no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his
    toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to
    till.
    >--Ralph Waldo Emerson
    >

    >Caribbean Island Hopping!!
    Erin D. Malone