Mar 3 Tango Show: Student Scholarships

From: TangoLeon@AOL.COM
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 18:34:44 CST

Student scholarships are available for the following:

The Saturday March 3rd Tango Show and Dance at the Phillips Recreation Center
will be a fun event. The show will display various styles of tango (milonga,
canyengue, salon and club styles, stage tango, American and international
ballroom tango) in a historical perspective. The show starts at 7:30. After
the show, from 9-12 PM, there will be a Latin dance (tango, salsa + other
Latin dances).

Since this is a fundraiser to purchase the tango sculpture in Meadowbrook
Park, the cost of the show is $15. This includes admission to the dance.
Admission to the dance alone is $10. However, the cost to students is $5.

Due to a cost which may be beyond student budgets, I have asked people to
contribute money to subsidize student attendance at the Tango Show. I have
received enough pledges that I can offer the following 'scholarship' to
students:

Admission to Tango Show and Dance: $7

To apply for this scholarship, please respond to this message

Give me your name and the nature of your student status (U of I, Parkland,
etc; grad/undergrad)

You may request scholarships in pairs (i.e., 2 students to be considered
together). Provide e-mail addresses for both members of the pair.

These scholarships will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.

The number of scolarships are limited, but will be deternined by the total
amount received for this fund.

Tickets will be held in your name at the reception desk of the Phillips
Recreation Center on Saturday.

We look forward to seeing you at the tango show!!

Leonardo