ballroom dance flick comes to the Courtyard Cafe

From: charles joseph smith (cjsmith2@students.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 30 2001 - 14:32:09 CST

"Shall We Dance?", a Japanese film with English subtitles, will be
playing at the Courtyard Cafe at 8pm, this Thursday, Feb. 2. Admission
is only a measly $2.

It recently got its showing at the Fine Arts Theatre (where I actually
saw the film for myself) in downtown Chicago. (Sadly, a year after
the film showed at the theater, the theater shut its doors for good.)
Sorry, I'm no Roger Ebert, but I give the film 3 1/2 stars.

Released a few years before "Dance With Me", this focuses on dancesport
from a 'Japanese culture' point of view. There will be a few scenes from
the Blackpool ballroom championships during the movie.